LINKIT designed and delivered the GWRC High Availabilty Wide Area (HA WAN) IP network spanning from Wellington City to Masterton.
A smart 40Mbps to 500Mbps microwave radio network.
The HA WAN connected council water pumping and treatment plants, reservours and offices via resilient SICE microwave radio network delivering 40Mbps to 500Mbps. The primary radio networks bandwdith and resilience options are managed by Accedian metro ethernet ring with failover to lower capacity Telco circuits.
LINKIT completed the radio network design, site engineering and licensing for the project. LINKIT also brought in other specialists who could complete the mast design and engineering and oversaw the mast sellection and installation but other contractors.
The challanges of this project included;
- Ensuring the 8mtr to 24mtr mast locations sellected were capable of providing a long term benefit to the councils present and future needs.
- Installation of the masts and installing radio equipment at exposed hill tops with changing weather conditions and 4 x 4 access.
- Proving in the Test lab that the proposed Carrier Ethernet layer technology was compatible with the existing routed Telco network connections.
- Implementing RFC Bench testing proceedures and comissioning tests for all network parts and as a whole.
- Providing As built documentation and handover training for the network to the clients.